The Imo State Universal Basic Education Board, IMSUBEB Commissioner representing Okigwe Zone, Mr. Bright Nwachukwu has denied the media report alleging that he embezzled the party's fund, describing it as a job of detractors.
In a statement on Wednesday in Owerri, Sir Bright Nwachukwu said that the office he held had nothing to do with the All Progressive Congress finances and, as such, was incapable of embezzling any funds of the party.
Condemning those who roped him into the alleged misdemeanor, the soft-spoken Nwachukwu who has attained the height of an African Region Director in an oil and gas industry without a stain claimed the allegations were politically motivated to tarnish his hard-earned image.
He dismissed the claims as baseless and fabricated, describing the report linked to Chief Tony Black Nduka who he said is good at hatchet jobs.
According to him," The question is if I am in any way within the party hierarchy? I don't hold any party position. It's the job of my detractors. The very Obollo ward Chairman, Mr. Chima Njoku who signed the purported leaked letter has been my Personal Assistant, PA for over ten years now.
"Anybody that knows him knows that he has been under my care for this long. Unfortunately, I reprimanded him some weeks back over his activities around me and the public. It then became a reason for my detractors to engage him.
"I wouldn't have wanted to speak on these issues but we live in a country where when you fight corruption, it fights back. As a young man who has been with me for ten years and all he can see to blackmail me is money worth twenty thousand naira makes it laughable.
"My dear, I did not embezzle twenty thousand naira from the party, please.
Anyway, we live in a free world and People like Chief Tony Black Nduka are good at hatchet jobs.
"That's his stock in trade. Always wanting to be the only cock that crows. But I don't want to join issues with him as we don't belong to the same generation. What I am opposed to, so also people who have dealt with him, is his type of politics.
"I worked for over two decades in the oil and gas and left meritoriously after attaining a lofty height as a director African Region without a stain. But just as they say " politics is a leveler". Just help me tell Chief Tony Black Nduka to start acting his age please."
0 Comments