Disu said he would not tolerate the killing of policemen in the state, urging the officers to give him success in the task.
The newly deployed Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Tunji Disu, has urged policemen posted to the troubled Ahoada area of the state to track down and arrest those involved in the killing of the Divisional Police Officer of Ahoada Police Division, SP Bako Angbashim.
Disu said he would not tolerate the killing of policemen in the state, urging the officers to give him success in the task.
The CP spoke during a visit, upon arrival, to the troubled Ahoada East Local Government Area of the state, where Angbashim was killed and decapitated by cult members terrorising the council allegedly led by David Gift Okpala Okpolowu, aka 2Baba.
Disu, who was accompanied by senior police officers of the command while addressing officers of Ahoada Area Command and Division charged the officers to give him success by arresting the culprits.
Disu said, “I am here for us to see how we can trap these people who killed our policemen. I know what you guys are doing. I know how difficult it is for you to enter all those difficult areas. I want you to know that we are going to support you.
“I want you to know how important we take your job. I decided that the first assignment I am going to do is to come around to let you know how important you are to me. I thank you for all you are doing.
“Keep safe, I don’t want any of you shot or injured in this situation. Keep same and give me success. No one will kill a policeman and go away scot-free. Get me the culprits.”
Ahoada Local Government chairman, Ben Eke, told CP Disu that his visit to Ahoada East LGA upon resumption of duty showed that the CP had Rivers State at heart.
Ben Eke said “I must tell you the truth. The police are trying. Several arrests have been made. What happened days ago was just a display of frustration and they want to blackmail the government.
“I must commend the Police and the Police too should not be deterred at all. As a Government, we are ready to provide the necessary support to ensure that those hoodlums are arrested and that the proper thing is done.
“We will give you every support to ensure you succeed as Commissioner of Police in Rivers State. For the Area Command, Division, and other security agencies in the area, we will give them the necessary support so that at the end of the day we will get the culprits.
“Knowing again that the Yuletide is just around the corner if the culprits are not arrested and brought to book, our people will not come home. People are leaving the area”.
0 Comments